RSS

Alibaba has tied up with PostNord Denmark to help North European e-retailers reach Chinese consumers

21 Jan

Alibaba Europe, Alibaba festival

Alibaba is collaborating with PostNord Denmark to let Danish and Nordic E-retailers reach Chinese affluent shoppers

Danish logistics company PostNord announced its collaboration with Chinese ecommerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Limited. The postal operator claims this alliance will help “Danish and Nordic e-retailers to reach affluent Chinese consumers.”

The Nordic company added that the agreement would lead to an increase in the volume parcels sent from the European region to China. This deal has offered PostNord an opportunity to set up a Nordic platform on the Hangzhou-based company’s online marketplace, Tmall Global.

PostNord executive Peter Kjaer Jensen commented: “China has about 350 million consumers who shop online, and Alibaba Group is the biggest e-commerce player.” He further added that PostNord will help Nordic and Danish businesses by shipping their orders to China.

On the other hand, Amee Chande, Alibaba’s country manager for UK/Ireland and the Nordic area, said brands from the region will now be able to reach out to over 100 million Chinese buyers who look for high-quality international products. The Nordic logistics platform is suitable for Chinese startups looking for international expansion as well as companies that wish to broaden their ecommerce reach by targeting Chinese customers. For quite some time now, PostNord Denmark has worked with China Post, whose platform ule.com functioned as a gateway to China for various Danish ecommerce retailers.

PostNord Denmark was founded in 2009 through a merger of two postal companies, Danish “Post Denmark” and Swedish “Posten AB.” The Danish state holds 40% shares, while the other 60% is held by the Swedish state, making it the majority shareholder. However, both the states have equal voting rights.

In other news, Fruitnet has reported that the Chinese ecommerce giant is looking ahead to inaugurate a new online shopping festival named “Ali Chinese New Year Shopping Festival.” The company hopes to extend its reach to consumers living in rural areas, in order to heighten sales prior to the Chinese New Year on February 8, 2016. To make this happen, it is offering promotions across all its ecommerce websites.

The online retailer’s news website Alizila also reported that Chinese New Year promotions have already begun, as presales started January 14. People in the country are currently celebrating a 5-day festival that began on January 17.

CEO of Alibaba Group Daniel Zhang stated: “Chinese New Year is the most significant celebration through the year and is a time to maintain traditions. We aim to enable rural customers to access an extensive range of New Year goods from home and abroad, while making agriculture products from rural China more available among urban customers.”

Advertisements
 
Leave a comment

Posted by on January 21, 2016 in Ali Baba, Technology

 

Tags: , ,

Your Opinion

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: